1 cup Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup strong brewed chai tea, cooled
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
1 large egg
How To Do It
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F. Butter or grease a large doughnut pan; non-stick pan spray works well here.
2) Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, chai spices, and salt; set aside.
3) In a separate bowl, beat the tea, oil, vanilla, and egg until combined.
4) Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Scrape the bowl partway through, to fully incorporate everything.
5) Fill each doughnut form 2/3 full.
6) Bake the doughnuts for 10 to 12 minutes. When done, they'll spring back when touched lightly.
7) Remove the doughnuts from the oven, and allow them to rest in the pan for a few minutes before turning them out onto a rack to finish cooling. A firm tap on the rack when the pan is inverted usually does the trick.
8) While the doughnuts cool, mix together the confectioners' sugar and enough tea to make a thick, but fluid glaze. Pour the glaze into a shallow, flat-bottomed dish.
9) Dip the tops of the doughnuts into the glaze, and place them back on to the rack to set.
Yield: 6 doughnuts.
Serving Size: 1 doughnut, 91g Servings Per Batch: 6 servings Amount Per Serving: Calories: 278 Calories from Fat: 45 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 31mg Sodium: 189mg Total Carbohydrate: 56g Dietary Fiber: 1g Sugars: 39g Protein: 4g
* The nutrition information provided for this recipe is determined by the ESHA Genesis R&D software program. Substituting any ingredients may change the posted nutrition information.
Source: King Flour