Follow Me!

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Easy Yogurt Overnight Oats



 I think I am a little skeptical on this but I have seen these recipes around a lot lately. I am going to try this tonite and will let you know what I think, I have some greek yogurt and some nuts....I guess oatmeal does not have to be hot....UPDATE: I tried this, still not a fan. Someone else might like this but I like my oatmeal hot...

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 cup old-fashioned or rolled oats, uncooked
100 gram yogurt cup, any flavour
3 tbsp milk

SUGGESTED TOPPINGS
fresh fruit
chia seeds
chopped nuts
cinnamon

DIRECTIONS:

In a small bowl, Tupperware container or mason jar, stir together uncooked old-fashioned or rolled oats, yogurt and milk. Cover and place in your fridge for a minimum of 6 hours to let the oats soak up some of the liquid.
Remove from fridge and add desired fruit, nuts and spices. If the oats are too thick for your liking, feel free to add an extra tablespoon of milk.

PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES COOK TIME: 6 - 8 HOURS - (OVERNIGHT IN FRIDGE)

Calories 383                     Sodium 123 mg
Total Fat 13 g                     Potassium 0 mg
Saturated 0 g                     Total Carbs 44 g
Polyunsaturated 0 g           Dietary Fiber 0 g
Monounsaturated 0 g         Sugars 9 g
Trans 0 g Protein    17 g
Cholesterol 0 mg  
Vitamin A 0%                     Calcium 0%
Vitamin C 0%                     Iron 0%

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly and PDF

Share Please!!

Print Friendly and PDF