Follow Me!

Monday, April 27, 2015

Pork Chops with Apples



For today's dinner I am making Pork Chops with Apples I found the recipe on Pinterest. Have I told you how much I love Pinterest?  I have not made this before so this is a new recipe, hopefully a keeper one too!. I used three apples for four chops. The chops were boneless slightly thick and I trimmed most of the fat off so it was not so fatty. The above picture is a before baking. This dish was soooo simple and easy to put together too. Along with it I am serving Amish Noodles (see recipe here) and a side salad! So simple and easy that I can keep working on my blogs with too much effort...I love that! As I write this, the kitchen is starting to smell really really good!

This picture is when the meal was ready to eat, and let me tell you it was amazing! I will definitely be making this meal again!



Ingredients:

Pork chops (one per each person you are feeding)
5 apples, cored and peeled, sliced
3 tablespoons of light brown sugar
2 tablespoons of butter
Cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
salt and pepper

Directions:

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.  In a casserole dish, spray the bottom with nonstick baking spray or olive oil.  Lay your chops on the bottom of pan, without overlapping.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Then lay the apples on top. I used three large apples.  Sprinkle with the brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.  Top with tiny pieces of the butter.  Cover and bake for about 45-60 minutes or until the pork is fully cooked.

Calories 260                                                 Sodium 144 mg
Total Fat 14 g                                                 Potassium 467 mg
Saturated 4 g                                                 Total Carbs 12 g
Polyunsaturated 3 g                                 Dietary Fiber 2 g
Monounsaturated 6 g                                 Sugars 0 g
Trans 0 g                                                 Protein 21 g
Cholesterol 64 mg  
Vitamin A 10%                                                 Calcium 3%
Vitamin C 9%                                                  Iron 10%


*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly and PDF

Share Please!!

Print Friendly and PDF