here is a recipe that takes very little time to put together. Just put all the ingredients in a slow cooker and let it do it's thing...the best way to cook!! Seriously, this recipe has so many possibilities and veggies to use.
- medium white onion, quartered, sliced
- medium russet potatoes, peeled, cubed
- whole chicken (3 1/2 to 4 1/2 lb)
- cup basil pesto
- can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 1/2
- cups chopped zucchini (about 1 medium)
- cup pitted kalamata olives
- In 6-quart oval slow cooker, place onion slices and cubed potatoes.
- Remove chicken from packaging; remove and discard giblets. Rinse chicken; pat dry. Rub pesto all over chicken including inside cavity. Place chicken over vegetables in slow cooker, leaving 1-inch space around chicken.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 hours. Do not remove lid before 6 hours.
- After 6 hours, add tomatoes, zucchini and olives to slow cooker. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 30 minutes to 1 hour longer or until zucchini is tender and instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of chicken thigh muscle and not touching bone reads at least 165°F (legs should move easily when lifted or twisted).
- Set oven control to broil. Carefully transfer chicken to roasting pan. Broil 5 minutes or until skin is golden brown and crisp. Let chicken rest 5 minutes before serving with vegetables.
|Total Fat||0 g||Potassium||0 mg|
|Saturated||0 g||Total Carbs||0 g|
|Polyunsaturated||0 g||Dietary Fiber||0 g|
|Monounsaturated||0 g||Sugars||0 g|
|Trans||0 g||Protein||0 g|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.