Saturday, May 30, 2015
LEMONY MATCHA MARBLE CAKE
I love Green or Black Matcha Powdered Tea for drinking or even baking and cooking. See my review for Kiss Me Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder Here . The benefits of this tea are outstanding, give this organic tea a try the next time you want something satisfying, or thry the recipe below!
6 Eggs (or egg substitute)
2 1/3 cup All-purpose flour or cake flour
¼ tsp. Salt
2 ¼ cup Fine brown sugar
2 ½ tsp. Baking powder
1 tsp. Real vanilla extract
2/3 cup Greek yogurt
1 Lemon, zested
½ Lemon, juiced
1 tbsp. Organic Matcha Green Tea
15 tbsp. Unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Butter a loaf pan, then coat with flour, tapping out the excess.
3. Sift flour, salt and baking powder into a large mixing bowl.
4. In another bowl, mix sugar and eggs until blended and fluffy.
5. Add in vanilla and yogurt.
6. Add the dry ingredients into the wet in 4 batches; ensure each batch is
completely blended before adding another.
7. Next add in melted butter in 3 batches, stirring between each addition.
8. Divide batter into 2 bowls. This is to get the ‘marble’ effect.
9. In one bowl of batter fold in the lemon juice and zest. In the other bowl fold
Match in with a spatula.
10.Pour about ½ of the lemon batter into a loaf pan and top with some of the
11.Pour a bit more lemon batter on top and swirl using a butter knife until you
get a beautiful marble effect.
12.Bake 55 minutes to 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
13.If you have leftover batter, make a batch of cupcakes and bake for 15 to 20
14.Cool for 15 minutes and serve.
Makes: 8 serving
Sources: Kiss Me Organic and picture, Pinterest.