Follow Me!

Monday, May 4, 2015

ONE POT ZUCCHINI MUSHROOM PASTA

An incredibly creamy, hearty pasta dish that you can make in just 20 minutes. Even the pasta gets cooked right in the pot!

I made this for tonights supper and it was delicious! I did make some changes to the recipe a bit, I used Swanson Tuscan Chicken broth in place of the water. I used a whole carton. I didn't think the water was tasty enough. I did not have any peas so I added spinach to the pot. I also used a Vidalia onion to the mix. I love one pot meals and this will becom a favorite for sure. I can do without the meat but if you absolutely have to have meat, add some cooked chicken!!

INGREDIENTS

1 pound spaghetti
1 pound cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
2 zucchini, thinly sliced and quartered
2/3 cup peas
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
2 sprigs thyme
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/3 cup grated Parmesan
1/4 cup heavy cream





INSTRUCTIONS

In a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat, combine spaghetti, mushrooms, zucchini, peas, garlic, thyme and 4 1/2 cups water; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until pasta is cooked through and liquid has reduced, about 8-10 minutes. Stir in Parmesan and heavy cream.
Serve immediately.

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size 2.5 cups
Servings Per Container 6

Amount Per Serving
Calories 378.7
Calories from Fat 58.5

% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6.5g 10%
Saturated Fat 3.4g 17%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 17.6mg6%
Sodium 119.3mg5%
Total Carbohydrate 64.8g 22%
Dietary Fiber 4.3g 17%
Sugars 5.8g
Protein 15.8g 32%

*note: if you do use the broth and add chicken, you will need to adjust the caloric amount.


*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly and PDF

Share Please!!

Print Friendly and PDF