Follow Me!

Monday, August 24, 2015

Chocolate Chow Mein Snack Mix!



School is starting, or already has, and I bet you are looking for something to give those kiddos when they come in from a hard day of learning. I remember when my kids were little or even in high school, the first words were 'hi mom' next came 'I'm hungry'. Never failed. We did eat a bit earlier then most people typically do. I had to feed them all early as they were always out the door as soon as meals were done. Snack time though was always a fun time for them because I always tried to come with something they would all like. I think the following recipe is perfect for snack time, before bedtime, anytime. I love Chex cereal, all the flavors. The addition of pretzels, raisins, nuts or anything else you may want to add makes this snack perfect. If you want a version with less sugar, eliminate the powdered sugar from the mix. You could mix what ever snack fixings you would like into this versatile mix.


Microwave 1/4 cup each peanut butter, chocolate chips and butter until melted. Put 3 cups each chow mein noodles and Chex cereal, and 1/2 cup each chopped peanuts and raisins in a resealable plastic bag; add the chocolate mixture and shake to coat. Add 2 cups confectioners' sugar and shake again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly and PDF

Share Please!!

Print Friendly and PDF